Sunday, December 24, 2006

my christmas day


i'll wake up at 6:30 in the morning (GMT+7), pump some iron for 3 or 5 minutes, then hit the lukewarm shower.

i'll choose the most pressed-looking shirt i have. put on my dolce tie and a lambswool sweater. trust me, it's chilly here in northern thailand.

i'll find the car waiting for me outside the hotel room.

i'll arrive in the office 5 or 10 minutes before 8, fix myself a light coffee, have a short meeting with the staff for 15 minutes to round up the week's schedule.

i'll check on my boss' arrival from japan. he's supposed to come by the office at 10. we'll see if our surprise post-birthday greeting stuff will be enough to, well, surprise him, or at least have that miranda priestley-esque smile on his face. he won't speak English because he can't. well, he's Japanese, an antiquated one, so no English for him from his 60-year old elementary education.

he'll leave by 4 in the afternoon, and all of us will have a breather.

i'll roundup everything we're scheduled to do for the day and ask a few questions for next day's timetable.

i'll make sure that everything will be OK, or at least manageable, before the year ends. we're on tight rope here on our hands that we do not want to fail.

i'll wait for the car to arrive from the airport (the driver had brought my boss to the airport an hour ago) and i'll climb up to head to the hotel.

i'll take a refreshing lukewarm shower again before having my usual thai dinner, hit the keys for some chat with friends who will remember me being alone on christmas evening, then hit the sack before the clock ticks 11, so i'll be ready for the day after christmas.

gosh, how i miss christmas back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home