Thursday, October 26, 2006

the tropical depression of sophie-kinsella-meets-emily-rose


tropical depression milenio brought me down to my knees. literally.

i was in the middle of my sing-song solitary sojourn in my room that pathetically fateful afternoon when a felt a hush of wind brush over my ears (yeah, i was reading THE kinsella book); i did not mind it.

then my room suddenly twitched (no pun intended there).

to my surprise, the neighbors' roofs were also trembling, my room became ghostly-cold all at once (no pun intended again), and yeah, even my good-old-so-much-loved pillows gave me the shivers when i hugged them tight... oh, gosh, i am so afraid of ghosts...

suddenly, my mother jolted my door. "hayan na ang bagyo!"

oh, so this was the tropical depression milenio! huh! i thought some ghostly apparation ala exorcism of emily rose was happening. huh! and again, huh!

the rain poured. the winds howled. everything went berserk. well, everyone went berserk!

the full five hours of the afternoon past by busily but uninterestingly. i was hanging around with my friends, cursing the powerless (electrically, that is) days ahead, and singing Apo songs to soothe our worried minds.

at about 6pm, we headed back home, and whoah! surprise, surprise surprise! water was everywhere! we were wondering why had it happened so fast (i mean the flood) when there was actually tolerable amount of rainfall that afternoon.

my father told me it was the damn dam around 20km from our place that had burst open, freeing every drop of water it held.

for 3 agonizing hours, each one of us gave a hand to lift everything, every single thing from the first floor to the next. we needed to save everything, as if not, we would have to be paddling our way to the next refugee center.

thank God, everyone (and everything) was safe.

really, this tropical depression was really nasty!!! i don't want you back!!! noh noh noh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home